WHO AM I?
I am a follower of great investors like Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffet and Joel Greenblatt – who have been able to compound their wealth over years of simple investing. I call it simple, because Value Investing is meant to be simple. By saying it is simple, I mean to say that there are some basic things we need to check before deciding to commit capital to an idea. You invest in a company whose business you understand and whose management you trust.
I have worked as a Research Analyst at JPMorgan and as a Trader at Deutsche Bank. Now I am developing this platform with an aim to educate and learn; and find value stocks in the process which can benefit all.
WHY this website?
I realized that there are some gaps for common public to be able to invest and compound their savings:
- Fear of reading financial statements: What do the financial statements show, how to read them, how to screen out bad companies from the good ones, how to stay away from seemingly fraud financials statements etc. I aim to address that issue using this medium as an education and learning platform. I will post articles on what are the main factors to look at when selecting companies.
- Lack of adequate data: In this day of internet and knowledge sharing, this does not seem like a concern. But if you have to choose the 10-20 best companies out of a big universe (e.g. about 4,000 actively traded stocks in US), you need adequate data to run the numbers. I will address that issue by sharing the companies that I feel have had a good track record.
- Dedicated research: I will also share my research on the certain companies, after going through the financials and publicly available management discussion. This will create a repository for the investors like us who want to invest but do not get enough time to do the research themselves.
Do I need anything from you? I DO:
- A commitment that you would take a step towards creating your income into your wealth
- A commitment that you would participate in the journey by being a value investor and providing me feedback so that I can address the concerns for new investors who join this platform.
So, LET’S BEGIN!